Thursday, April 18, 2013

Keto Chili

In my 2 and a half months of Keto endeavors I have gone through many a recipe in order to find new favorites or just try to find ways to make old favorites Keto friendly. Most of those recipes have come with mixed success, but that was to be expected. Coming back into the Keto world 2 weeks ago I stumbled upon a Keto chili recipe on Reddit that I immediately had to try. I'm not the hugest fan of chili, but I still like it and I know my boyfriend loves it. The recipe I used was from the So I Guess I Can Cook Now blog and I have to say it was pretty delish and was totally boyfriend approved. The recipe can be found here: Low Carb Crock Pot Chili.

I thought it would be nice to show my progress with the chili over a few pics...


Cooking up the best ingredient first: BACON!


Used the leftover bacon grease to saute the onions and garlic


Adding the ground meat and sausage into the onion/garlic mixture


Putting in the seasonings, tomatoes, sausage, and ground meat


Another shot of the above all nicely mixed together


Adding the important part: COOKED BACON!
After this it simmered in the crock pot for 6 hours.


The finished product with some cheese added!


As I stated before, this recipe was definitely approved and is now in my Keto recipe stash. It was a little high in carbs per serving due to the tomatoes, but totally worth it and gave us some yummy leftovers to boot. The photos of my progress were the best I could get out of my phone and I tried to make them as visually appealing as I could with a little editing. If you have any questions/comments please feel free to leave them below! 

Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest! (Links to the right)


No comments:

Post a Comment